30 April 2007

Even Designers Get the Frogs

Do you see the three sided square below?

Is it mocking me? It had been completely filled in. See the progression of circles below it? One circle managed to escape being stitched, throwing the whole thing off! Yes, this is a small bit of a new design I am working frantically to finish by the end of the month. When you are a designer, you suddenly have things like DEADLINES looming. So frog, I did, and restitching I am now doing. Other than that, things are going swimmingly. The design is fun to stitch - it is done all in an overdye, so it is fun to see how the colors land. It is a bit modernistic and abstract, but it will have a useful purpose. I hope that's not too mysterious, but I have to keep things under wraps until the June TNNA show.

Speaking of June, for those stitchers lucky enough to be in the Houston area, I will be teaching a class at 3 Stitches on June 21st in the evening. Actually, it is a presentation on "The Design Process", a glimpse into the secret life of a designer and how a design goes from idea to real chart.

There's still time to enter the Needlework Show doorprize drawing - I'll take entries up until the time that the Show officially closes. In fact, I've been so pleased reading all of the responses, I'll draw a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners (ok, they'll all be random winners, but I'll make the prizes varying sizes).

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

I absolutely adore "Shared Cache" and the "Mayan Mystery" piece is gorgeous! I am also quite fond of "Labrinth"! Keep up the beautiful work!
Katherine McKamey

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello - I don't know where to enter the drawing so I'm leaving my name here! My favorite piece you have on your Needlework Showcase page is the Ribbons in all the wonderful colors.
You have some really nice patterns. Thanks for sharing
Chris
tcwilson@wamego.net

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd like to enter the needlework show door prize draw ... took me a while to figure out how to actually leave a comment (i'm not a blogger). My comment would be about your Lucky Penny design -- I really love the idea, but I'm from Canada, so the penny would need to be recharted before it would be good for me to stitch ...

MaryPat Rushton

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite design is the shared cache! Please enter me in your drawing.

sdrouillard@att.com

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home